A dumpster fire outside the University House TCU apartment building on South University Drive ignited shortly before 9:39 p.m. Friday night, and no residents were harmed.

“We got the call at 9:39 p.m.,” said Mike Noyes, Fort Worth Fire Department Battalion Chief. “There was a fire in the dumpsters which the sprinkler system put out, but the fire continued to smolder in the dumpster for a long time, which caused smoke to continue going up through the trash chute.”

Noyes and his battalion arrived on the scene in just under five minutes. Read More